Customer Service Policy
A bookshop is all about the atmosphere. The atmosphere is what takes it from being just a place to buy a book to a place where people can browse and feel welcome. At McLeods Booksellers Ltd we have always been proud of providing great service and doing just that little bit extra for our customers.
1. Exchange: If in doubt about the book you are buying ask for an exchange car d. With an exchange card you can bring your book back within 28 days in good, unread condition to be exchanged for another book of the same value (or make up the difference).
2. Ordering: Sometimes the book you want is not in store or even not in New Zealand. We promise to go that extra mile and try and find it for you. Except in rare circumstances orders take about seven working days to arrive and in the rare event that it takes longer we can always ring the distributer and ask why. We also source hard to find second hand books from resellers all around the world.
3. Recommendations: Our staff are passionate about books and more than happy to assist you in making book choices, whether it be for you or a gift for someone else.
4. Privacy: We understand that people come looking for books for a variety of reasons. Out of respect for this we promise that all discussion between customers and staff at McLeods Booksellers Ltd will be considered confidential and discussed only in a professional context.
5. Layby: We offer a layby service with a minimum deposit of 20%. We prefer the layby to be completed within three months.
6. Communication: If for any reason you want to talk to us about your experience in our shop or on our website please feel free to ask to speak to the manager, ring us on +64-7-348-5388 or email us at email@example.com
7. Shipping: We can ship any book anywhere in the world, all postage rates are avaialble on our website once you have added items to the cart. Please note that postage may need to be increased at anytime due to changes from the provider/providers. Also please note that the cost of postage may differ due to the size and weight of a book. We will contact you in this instance.
In all cases we do not add retail margain to our postage and offer you the best rate possible. We will always refund any postage amount that is more than was requited for sending an item. Please contact us if you would like to know more about postage rates available.
8. Gift Wrapping: We are more than happy to gift wrap items, we can do this for online orders as well as in store purchases. This is at no extra cost.