Author(s): Brett Atkinson; Lonely Planet Publications Staff
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of open roads withLonely Planet New Zealand's South Island Road Trips, your passport to uniquely encountering New Zealand's South Islandby car. Featuring four amazing road trips, plus up-to-date advice on the destinations you'll visit along the way, you can enjoy whale watching along the Kalkoura Coast or absorb stunning lake scenery at Milford Sound, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to New Zealand's South Island, rent a car, and hit the road
Inside Lonely Planet New Zealand's South Island Road Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photographythroughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Detours, Walking Tours and Link Your Trip
- Covers Christchurch, Canterbury, Marlborough, Queenstown, Wanaka, Blenheim, Nelson, Kalkoura Coast, Southern Alps, Milford Sound, Te Anau, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet New Zealand's South Island Road Trips is perfect for exploring New Zealand's South Islandvia the road and discovering sights that are more accessible by car.
- Planning a New Zealand South Island trip sans a car? Lonely PlanetNew Zealand's South Island guide, our most comprehensive guide to New Zealand's South Island, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems.
- Looking for a guide focused on New Zealand's North Island? Check out Lonely Planet New Zealand's North Islandguide for a comprehensive look at all New Zealand's North Island hasto offer, or the New Zealand guide for all New Zealand has to offer, or for your next tramping adventure try Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.