Author(s): Lucio Galletto
For more than 35 years, Lucio Galletto has been serving pasta in his multi award-winning restaurant in Sydney, while David Dale has been studying the history and mythology of food. In The Art of Pasta, they have collaborated with artist Luke Sciberras to create a pasta bible that is as practical as it is beautiful.
Discover how to make your own plates of pasta, from flavouring and cutting the dough to rolling gnocchi and filling tortellini. All the classic shapes and sauces are here - puttanesca and passata, rigatoni and ravioli - plus new favourites to explore.
Let The Art of Pastatake you on an inspiring tour through the history and regions of Italy with over 160 authentic recipes - and fall in love with pasta all over again.
The 2018 updated edition includes-
- More than 50 recipes suitable for vegetarians
- Suggestions for pastas best served in summer and in winter
- Seven regional variations on pesto, using walnuts, pistachios, orange juice and chilli
- The genuine, original bolognese rag
- A pasta dessert from 160 BC, with honey and bay leaves
- The 'tortegli' demanded by Michelangelo in the 1500s