This is the unlikely story of Rotorua boy, R.J (Bob) Thompson. A would be jockey who chamged his focus to rugby, and went on to represent both the Maori All Blacks and the Wallabies.
During his long career of playing, supporting and coaching our national game, Tommo has told a tale or two. This is an attempt to tell a few stories of his interesting life.
- The friendships forged on (and then off) the field
- Scoring all 18 points against South Africa in Perth
- Having the headline read "tes hooker named but missing"
- Starting a brawl in France
- Living in Oman in the 1970s
- Lunch with the greta train robber, Ronnie Biggs, in Rio
-Getting robbed at the World Cup in South Africa