Author(s): Simon Richmond; Lonely Planet Publications Staff; Rebecca Milner
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Best ofTokyo is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Join the throng at Shibuya Crossing, sample sushi and sake and belt out karaoke, then soothe your weary bones in an onsen, all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Tokyoand begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Best ofTokyo Travel Guide:
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itinerarieshelp you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tipsto save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips- hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets- eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insightsgive you a richer, more rewarding travel experience -food & drink, pop culture, history, art, architecture, religion, politics, music & nightlife.
- Free, convenient pull-outTokyo map(included in print version), plus over 32 color maps
- CoversAkihabara, Kagurazaka, K?rakuen, Asakusa, Sumida River, Ebisu, Meguro, Ginza, Tsukiji, Harajuku, Aoyama, Marunouchi, Nihombashi, Odaiba, Tokyo Bay, Roppongi, Akasaka, Shibuya, Shimo-Kitazawa, Shinjuku, Ueno, Yanesen, Komagome
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Best ofTokyo,our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on Tokyo'smost popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences and extensively covers all of the city's neighborhoods? Check out Lonely Planet's Tokyoguide. Or check out Pocket Tokyo,a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Japan guide for a comprehensive look at all Italyhas to offer, or Best ofJapan, a photo-rich guide to Italy'smost popular attractions.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -- Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times