Author(s): Jamie Christian Desplaces
Guides & Maps
Moon Travel Guides: Your World, Your Way
New Zealand's lush, rugged landscape will charm you as much as the local Kiwis. Explore this beautiful country with Moon New Zealand. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic itineraries including the two-week best of New Zealand, and suggestions for eco-tourists, Lord of the Rings fans, adrenaline junkies, and more
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Stroll barefoot down black and white sand beaches, or relax at a stunning resort. Sample local vintages, craft beer, and cheeses, or taste fresh seafood. Travel to Tolkien's Middle Earth and visit the Shire, or learn about Maori culture and history. Hike the Milford Track in Fiordland, spot unique wildlife like the famed kiwi bird, or kayak along the seashore
- The best spots for sports and recreation, including hiking, mountain biking, surfing, scuba diving, caving, whitewater rafting, and even skydiving
- Expert insight from expat and Auckland local Jamie Desplaces, who shares a world traveler's perspective of his adopted country
- Honest advice on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay
- Detailed maps and full-color photos throughout
- Thorough information on the landscape, climate, wildlife, history, and culture
- Full coverage of Auckland, Bay of Islands, Geothermal Center, Hawke's Bay, Wellington, Nelson, Kaikoura, Queenstown, and Fiordland
With Moon New Zealand's expert advice, myriad activities, and local insight, you can plan your trip your way.
Expanding your trip? Check out Moon Sydney & the Great Barrier Reef or Moon Vietnam.