The Art of Watercolor Lettering - A Beginner's Step-By-Step Guide to Painting Modern Calligraphy and Lettered Art
Author(s): Kelly Klapstein
Learn to letter beautifully with watercolor.
In this stunning follow-up to her highly praised and influential first book, The Art of Brush Lettering, lettering expert and workshop instructor Kelly Klapstein (popular on Instagram as @kellycreates) shares her secrets for mastering the essential techniques for creating lovely modern lettering and calligraphy with watercolor.
- Start with the basics, from choosing paints, brushes, and other supplies to preparing your paper for painting.
- Learn to handle watercolor paints with essential strokes and warm-ups.
- Explore painting letterforms in a variety of styles, from traditional to modern.
- Try a range of creative techniques, including blending ombr s and rainbows, creating pictorial letterforms, and combining watercolor with other mediums.
- Enhance your lettering with special touches by complementing it with handpainted backgrounds and simple illustrations.
With The Art of Watercolor Lettering, you'll learn how to master the medium--and how to go with the watercolor flow--to create one-of-a-kind lettered art and calligraphy that reflect your unique personal style.
- : 9781631597800
- : Quarto Publishing Group USA
- : Quarry Books
- : 0.521631
- : October 2019
- : ---length:- '10'width:- '8.5'units:- Inches
- : books
- : Kelly Klapstein
- : Paperback
- : English
- : 745.61
- : 144