Author(s): Kelly Klapstein
Learn to letter beautifully with watercolor.
In this stunning follow-up to her highly praised and influential first book, The Art of Brush Lettering, lettering expert and workshop instructor Kelly Klapstein (popular on Instagram as @kellycreates) shares her secrets for mastering the essential techniques for creating lovely modern lettering and calligraphy with watercolor.
- Start with the basics, from choosing paints, brushes, and other supplies to preparing your paper for painting.
- Learn to handle watercolor paints with essential strokes and warm-ups.
- Explore painting letterforms in a variety of styles, from traditional to modern.
- Try a range of creative techniques, including blending ombr s and rainbows, creating pictorial letterforms, and combining watercolor with other mediums.
- Enhance your lettering with special touches by complementing it with handpainted backgrounds and simple illustrations.
With The Art of Watercolor Lettering
, you'll learn how to master the medium--and how to go with the watercolor flow--to create one-of-a-kind lettered art and calligraphy that reflect your unique personal style.